- Helen Keen · flute
- Melinda Maxwell · oboe
- Mark van der Wiel · clarinet
- Michael Dussek · piano
- Meyrick Alexander · bassoon
The long-established and brilliant Endymion exists to deliver world-class performances of chamber music throughout London, the UK and abroad. For many years it has nurtured the UK’s most dynamic and original composers, inspired new and younger audiences and championed mixed chamber music of all kinds through performance, commissioning, recording and promotion.
Since Endymion was formed in 1979, it has built a consistently lively reputation across a broad and sometimes adventurous repertoire, which commands a strong following among audiences both at home in the UK as well as internationally. Unusually for chamber groups, Endymion retains most of its original players who now number among the best soloists and chamber musicians anywhere, making it a group as much at home with works by Mozart as by Birtwistle. Excitingly, they will be premiering a new arrangement of Stravinsky’s ‘Pulcinella Suite’ for wind quintet at Milverton!
- MOZART · Quintet in E flat major · piano and winds · K 452
- STRAVINSKY · ‘Pulcinella Suite’ wind quintet
- BEETHOVEN · ‘Quintet in E flat major · piano and winds · Op 16
- POULENC · Sextet for piano and winds
Tickets · £18 · £16 · £10 · £2