- David Waterman · cello
- Mishka Rushdie Momen · piano
David Waterman was born into a musical family in Leeds and studied cello privately with Martin Lovett, William Pleeth and Jane Cowan. In 1979 he founded the Endellion Quartet which has played all over the world. By contrast, Mishka Rushdie Momen is “an extraordinarily gifted young artist and a recitalist of distinction – audiences have been both enchanted by her performance and that such a young player should bring such maturity and depth to her interpretations”. She won First Prize in the Dudley International Piano Competition 2014 at the age of 22.
- Beethoven · Variations on ‘Bei Männern, welche Liebe fühlen’
- Mozart · WoO 46 from The Magic Flute
- Schumann · Fantasiestücke op. 73
- Schubert · Fantasie in C major D. 760 “Wanderer-Fantasie” for solo piano
- Chopin · Ballade No. 2 Op 38 for solo piano
- Bach · Aria from Organ Pastorale BWV590
- Brahms · Sonata no. 1 in E minor op. 38
- Dvorak · Waldesruhe op. 68
David Waterman, ‘cellist with the celebrated Endellion Quartet, will give a 10 minute talk after the interval on his life and career in music.
Information about Mishka Rushdie Momen can be found at: http://www.mishkarushdiemomen.com/.
- APPEARANCES CAN BE DECEPTIVE
David Waterman & Mishka Rushdie Momen -- 12th March 2016